Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fun Ok Cafe - Eating Out or @ Home???

Thanks to my hometown friends who brought me here. Heard of this cafe long ago but never bothered to try out. I didn't even notice it when i happened to pass by Connaught, Cheras. As it was located in 2nd floor and the signage doesn't look attractive either. With a name like that actually sounded more like a bar or pub to me. :) However, [Fun Ok] (返屋企) actually means Go Home in Cantonese.
They offered a good mix of western and eastern food here. But I don't think i would write much about the food here, as i didn't try out much of it and to me it's just antoher typical cafe's these day. However, they really are creative in putting the names of food it the menu. They have names likes 'Waiting for U' or 'Goodbye My love' for their yogurt drink, and they also have funny names for their snacks. All these prices are somewhat affordable, but don't get me wrong, it's not cheap.
The concept of the decor which interest me most. The creative vintage design using all furniture or stuff at home is what they offered best. You can find every table and seats are different. They used washing machines, beds, half-cut barrels, toilet seats as tables and chairs. They have funny clock, unusable lights bulb ditch together making it into a creative light. They have penguin fridge which stuff toys but not food, library corner for you to read... etc.  And finally they have pajamas-dress up waiter to serve you. Just treat yourself at home. Haha.
Well, it's actually decorated uniquely like what most in Taiwan did. It's more towards a Chinese-like surrounding for me, but it's pork-free. I think this place is much suitable for teenage rather than working professionals. Their customers mostly youngster. Anyway, It is a great one-off visit to snap some pics and post it up coz got free-wifi, but not a repeated visit though.

The ratings? I'll give a 5/10 coz nothing much special about the food.


Fun OK Cafe
72A, Jalan Cerdas,
Taman Connaught,
56100 Cheras Kuala Lumpur
03-91019915
Business hours: Sun~Thurs: 12pm -12am
                          Fri – Sat: 12pm -2am

No comments:

Post a Comment