Friday, February 18, 2011

A Grateful Warmth on Chap Goh Meh

Chap Goh Meh - For most people, the first things comes into mind was the occasion of throwing tangerines i guessed. As for Chinese, there's a legend saying that there's a chance for those unmarried women throwing tangerines into the sea can get a good husband when their tangerine is picked up by that particular person. It is also called the Chinese Valentine's Day. Chap Goh Meh is actually represents the last day of Chinese New Year as well. For me, it's not about throwing tangerine and getting a good husband.  If I had the chance, I guessed I would love to spend time dining together with my family, especially eating mom's home cook food. At first, I was feeling a bit out of the mood as I'm feeling a little lonely here. Though it is such entertaining in the city, with all the events and parties all around, but I'm still feeling empty. People seems attached, but I'm just home alone here. And I don't feel a sense of belonging here. Felt so much lonely in such a cold windy night, furthermore the drizzling makes me felt even colder. Suddenly makes me missing home so much.
Fortunately I got a call from Fat Babe, he's gonna bring me out for a meal. So off we go, to the Harbour Steamboat Restaurant in Sri Petaling. I was so thankful coz he is here with me tonight, enjoying the simple yet delicious steamboat dinner. For this cold and rainy night, I felt so much warm having the steamboat, but even warmer with him around. For tonight, he takes away all my anxiety and loneliness in me. I'm thankful that I had him around. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment